Sunday, November 21, 2010

What is a Mandala to me?

Artist: Rachel Bemis
To me a mandala is a form of expression. It is an art form and a spiritual activity. It has a history in many cultures, but most notably in the eastern cultures of India and Tibet, specifically, Hinduism and Buddhism.

I love creating these pieces of artwork. It brings me into the now at the same time they help me to heal and express myself in a creative fashion. I love everything about them. I love the geometry and the symbolism that are in every piece. They truly have meaning to me and to many others who find themselves fascinated by this art form.The mandalas I create are a direct result of my ongoing spiritual journey.

So, as a result of this I will posting my mandalas along with the story behind them as a kind of journal of self-discovery.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment